Last Updated: November 2020
I. INFORMATION COLLECTED
- INFORMATION YOU GIVE US. Certain applications on the ASSOCIATION websites and mobile application may require users to register or to provide personal information in order to make a purchase, or to be included on our electronic mailing lists. To better understand the needs of our website and mobile application users, we may also request information on users from time to time on a voluntary basis. Such information gathered and provided to any third party does not contain any information that identifies the user, but contains generalized, aggregate data or so called “demographic information.” Entry of such information is optional and if you choose not to enter such information, you can successfully use these applications. If you choose to share demographic information with third parties, we will only provide aggregate data.
If you or your child participates in one of our learning programs, whether in person or online, we may capture certain video or photographs as part of the program and in promotional materials for future programs. We will always obtain your permission prior to doing so.
II. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to purchase tickets or merchandise, exchange tickets or access subscriber services, join our Newsletter, participate in contests or surveys, or participate in any of our learning programs, whether online or in person, you must complete a registration form. Our website’s registration form requires you to provide and verify basic contact information (such as your name and email address). This information is used to contact you about services in which you have expressed interest.
Other uses of the personal information you provide to us may include:
- MARKETING ELECTRONIC MAIL. If you have opted-into receiving electronic mail communication from the ASSOCIATION, we may use your personal information to email you regarding special offers from the ASSOCIATION, updated information about the ASSOCIATION or the ASSOCIATION websites, or ways in which we can improve your experience at that site. All such emails sent to you by the ASSOCIATION will allow you to opt-out of future electronic communications from the Association.
- OTHER CONTACTS. If you provide your email address or have opted-in to receiving electronic mail communications, the ASSOCIATION may also use your personal information to contact you by mail, by email, or by telephone regarding special offers from the ASSOCIATION, updated information about the ASSOCIATION or the ASSOCIATION websites, and new services offered by the ASSOCIATION. If you wish to be removed from this contact list, you may do so by contacting the ASSOCIATION directly. (See the ‘Contact Us’ section below).
- DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES. The ASSOCIATION does not share any personal information with any nonaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide the service that the customer has requested or authorized, or to maintain and service the customer’s account;
- as required by regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over the ASSOCIATION and its affiliates or as otherwise required by any applicable law; and
- to the extent reasonably necessary to prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions.
With your permission, we may include images or recordings of you and your child in our marketing and promotional materials if you participate in our learning programs, whether online or in person.
We release account and other personal information when required and in compliance with any law, or protect the rights, property, or safety of the ASSOCIATION, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- CONTESTS. The ASSOCIATION may occasionally present a special contest or promotion on its websites and/or mobile application that is sponsored by another company. To qualify for entry, we may ask you to provide personal information. If we plan to share that information with the sponsor(s), we will provide a statement to that effect.
We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide you services. Employees are permitted to disclose personal information only to such other employees who need to have access to such information to deliver our services. Employees of the ASSOCIATION are prohibited, either during or after termination of their employment, from disclosing personal information to any person or entity outside of the ASSOCIATION, including family members, except under the circumstances described above. When we no longer need your personal information, we will delete or destroy the information in accordance with our data destruction policies and applicable data protection laws.
IV. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
The ASSOCIATION adheres to all applicable data protection laws with respect to the processing of personal information about and from minors in association with the programs we offer. The ASSOCIATION also complies with all of the contractual requirements of the children’s organizations and educational institutions with which we partner. The ASSOCIATION further permits parents to opt-out of the collection and processing of their children’s personal information and, where the parent does not opt-out, retains that personal information for only so long as we reasonably believe necessary.
VI. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS WITH REGARDS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Based upon where you reside, certain choices and rights with regards to your personal information may be available to you. Please see below for information on who to contact us to exercise these rights.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) have the following rights:
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right to request that your personal information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend, or update personal information you have given us.
- While the ASSOCIATION does not engage in automated decision-making activities, residents of the EEA also have the right to contest any automated decision we make about you.
When handling a data access or correction request, we check the identity of the requesting party to ensure that he or she is the person legally entitled to make such request. Such requests are provided free of charge however a reasonable fee may be applied charged to cover our administrative costs incurred for requests that are manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive.
Additionally, information that the ASSOCIATION collects may be transferred outside of the EEA, including to countries such as the United States, which have not been deemed as having “adequate” security measures by the European Commission. In these cases, your personal information will be transferred only after obtaining your consent.
VII. CONTACT US/HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Attn: Box Office
La Jolla Music Society
7600 Fay Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
If, as an EEA resident, you believe that the ASSOCIATION has not adequately resolved any such issues, you have the right to contact your EU supervisory authority.